Welcome



This is my tennis blog, Lefty Advantage. Tennis is my biggest passion in life and I started this site to discuss the great game. I mainly follow the career of Roger Federer, but I truly love watching all tennis, whether it be the final of a Grand Slam
or a junior tournament on the other side of the world.

I have played tennis for 13 years. If you ever met me, I could talk your head off about all things tennis for hours on end if you would let me. Welcome, and enjoy the writing!

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Federer into Rotterdam Quarterfinals

It was another simple victory for Roger Federer Thursday at the ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament as he took out the home boy Thiemo De Bakker 6-3, 6-4 in 62 minutes.

Federer characteristically opened up an early lead and rolled to the first set win from there. He broke in the first game of the second set and after that it was pretty much all over. The match followed the exact same formula as many of the early round matches of the Maestro do, and it hardly feels like he has broken a sweat through his first two matches of the tournament.

Next up for the Roger is Julien Benneteau, which should be another straightforward win although a little tougher than his first two wins.

Last year`s finalist Juan Martin del Potro advanced when he beat Ernests Gulbis and Marcos Baghdatis upset Richard Gasquet. The quarters will see Baghdatis vs Grigor Dimitrov and del Potro vs Jarkko Nieminen, as well as Gilles Simon vs Martin Klizan.

Personally, I would love to see a Federer vs Dimitrov final, and they practiced together before Fed`s match against De Bakker. It will be a tough task for Grigor to beat Baghdatis however.

No comments:

Post a Comment