Welcome



This is my tennis blog, Lefty Advantage. Tennis is my biggest passion in life and I started this site to discuss the great game. I mainly follow the career of Roger Federer, but I truly love watching all tennis, whether it be the final of a Grand Slam
or a junior tournament on the other side of the world.

I have played tennis for 13 years. If you ever met me, I could talk your head off about all things tennis for hours on end if you would let me. Welcome, and enjoy the writing!

Monday, February 25, 2013

Dubai R1: Federer beats Jaziri

Roger Federer began his quest to defend his Dubai title and win #77 with a 5-7, 6-0, 6-2 victory over Tunisian player Malek Jaziri, the #128 player in the world.

The Swiss Maestro opened up the match by generating break point chances in Jaziri's first two service games but he could not convert. He held serve with ease throughout the set until he played one loose game at 5-5 and Jaziri took advantage, breaking. He held to shockingly take the opening set and Fed would have to work a little harder to advance.


After losing the set, Roger raised his game and won his first bagel set of 2013, and then he won the third set after breaking in the 6th game to firmly take control. He broke again and that was the match.

Fed lost the opening set but he really shouldn't have as he could have easily won the set 6-1 or 6-2 with some better play. But he quickly made up for his mistakes by playing much better in the second and third sets and he never let Jaziri get any belief even when he found himself a set up.

Overall, it was a good win even with the dropped set. He hit 10 aces and won 30/36 first serve points and broke 5 of 11 times, and hit some fantastic 2nd serves and forehands. The quick court really suits his game and I can only think that his play will get better from here on out as he gets more used to the conditions.

Next up is Albert Montanes or Marcel Granollers on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment