Welcome



This is my tennis blog, Lefty Advantage. Tennis is my biggest passion in life and I started this site to discuss the great game. I mainly follow the career of Roger Federer, but I truly love watching all tennis, whether it be the final of a Grand Slam
or a junior tournament on the other side of the world.

I have played tennis for 13 years. If you ever met me, I could talk your head off about all things tennis for hours on end if you would let me. Welcome, and enjoy the writing!

Friday, July 27, 2012

London Olympics Men's Predictions


Hey all,

These are my predictions for the London Olympics.  It shall be interesting to see how many matches I am able to get correct.  One upset could shake up my predictions in a very bad way.

My predictions:

1st Round:

Federer def. Falla
Youzhny def. Benneteau
Muller def. Ungur
Istomin def. Verdasco
Isner def. Rochus
Lu def. Jaziri
Petzschner (replacing Karlovic) def. Lacko
Tipsarevic def. Nalbandian
-
Ferrer def. Pospisil
Kohlschreiber def. Kavcic
Stepanek def. Davydenko
Nishikori def. Tomic
Simon def. Kukushkin
Dimitrov def. Kubot
Seppi def. Young
del Potro def. Dodig
-
Berdych def. Darcis
Harrison def. Giraldo
Berlocq def. Bogomolov Jr.
Almagro def. Troicki
Gasquet def. Haase
Baghdatis def. Soeda
Nieminen def. Devvarman
Murray def. Wawrinka
-
Tsonga def. Bellucci
Raonic def. Ito
Lopez def. Tursunov
Monaco def. Goffin
Cilic def. Melzer
Hewitt def. Stakhovsky
Roddick def. Klizan
Djokovic def. Fognini

2nd Round

Federer def. Youzhny
Muller def. Istomin
Isner def. Lu
Tipsarevic def. Petzschner
-
Kohlschreiber def. Ferrer
Nishikori def. Stepanek
Simon def. Dimitrov
del Potro def. Seppi
-
Berdych def. Harrison
Almagro def. Berlocq
Gasquet def. Baghdatis
Murray def. Nieminen
-
Tsonga def. Raonic
Monaco def. Lopez
Cilic def. Hewitt
Djokovic def. Roddick

3rd Round:

Federer def. Muller
Tipsarevic def. Isner
Kohlschreiber def. Nishikori
del Potro def. Simon
-
Almagro def. Berdych
Murray def. Gasquet
Tsonga def. Monaco
Cilic def. Djokovic

Quarterfinals:

Federer def. Tipsarevic
del Potro def. Kohlschreiber
-
Murray def. Almagro
Tsonga def. Cilic

Semifinals: 

Federer def del Potro
Murray def. Tsonga

Final:

Federer def. Murray

I have gone out on a limb and taken Cilic to beat Djokovic and Kohlschreiber to beat Tsonga.  After his Wimbledon performance, I have decided to keep faith in Andy Murray (he got by a tough draw a SW19 and I believe he can do the same again here).  In the end, I don't see anyone stopping Roger Federer from capturing his first gold medal.

Kyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment